Free Standard Delivery
For all orders above $100
Yamagen Junsei Koji Miso (White Miso with Koji)Regular price $6.00
Japanese Name: 山元醸造 越中ヤマゲン 純正米こうじ味噌
A Healthier and lighter taste of Miso. Yamagen Junsei Joji Miso (White Miso) is the typical ecchu miso (ecchu is the old name of Toyama pref.). This rich taste and flavour come from rice made in Hokuriku area, salt from Japan Sea, Toyama's beautiful water and traditional manufacturing techniques since 1772.
Available in 1kg.
Cook Miso Udon in 3 Simple Steps
1. Boil Yamagen Junsei Miso with water
2. Place Nama Udon into the Miso soup for 1-2 mins at high heat.
3. Garnish with Wakame Seaweed, Hanpen , Chikuwa or eggs.
* Spice it up with some Chilli Powder for a spicy udon
Cook Konnyaku Pork Miso Soup (Tonjiru)
1. Boil 3 spoons of Yamagen Junsei Koji Miso with water.
2. Add Konnyaku, Slice Pork, leek and carrot into the mixture.
3. Stir gently till the ingredients are cooked and it is ready to be served.
Shinshuichi Inaka Miso (Dark)Regular price $7.00
Japanese Name: 板長好み赤みそ
Shinshu Ichi Inaka Miso has a simple taste and aroma that makes the best use of the ingredients. This basic miso does not contain dashi but boasts the best of the ingredients. Since it is “raw miso” that has not been heat-treated, it retains the flavour of freshly-ripened miso.
Available in 1kg.
Create Miso Glazed Eggplant (Miso Dengaku)
1. Slice the eggplant into half and slice the flesh with a knife in a criss-cross pattern
2. Flip the eggplant and cook with a lid on the pan for 4 minutes until the flesh has turns brown.
3. Whisk Itacho Red Miso paste, sake, mirin and sugar together in a small bowl until you achieve a smooth consistency.
4. Take your eggplant out of the pan and brush each piece generously with the miso glaze.
5. Place in the oven and broil for 4 minutes. When the glaze slightly bubbles, it is ready to be served.
Shinshuichi Itacho White MisoRegular price $7.00
Japanese Name: 板長好み白みそ
Easy to use pouch type white miso. Versatile for all kinds of miso dishes. Recommended for dressings and sauces. A lighter taste of miso that is suitable for grilled salmon.
Available in 1kg
Cook Miso Soup in 2 Simple Steps
1. Take 2 spoons of Itacho White Miso and mix with boiling water
2. Place a few pieces of Wakame Seaweed and tofu for an enhanced flavour.
Salmon Miso in 2 Simple Steps
1. Spread a generous amount of Itacho White Miso on to the Salmon and season it for 2-3 hours.
2. Pan-fry the salmon with oil or butter and it is ready to be served
*Serve it on top of freshly polished Japanese Akita Rice to create your own Salmon Miso Don.
*Top it with Chilli Powder if you would like to have a hint of spice on your Salmon