Shinshuichi Inaka Miso (Dark)Regular price $7.00
Japanese Name: 板長好み赤みそ
Shinshu Ichi Inaka Miso has a simple taste and aroma that makes the best use of the ingredients. This basic miso does not contain dashi but boasts the best of the ingredients. Since it is “raw miso” that has not been heat-treated, it retains the flavour of freshly-ripened miso.
Available in 1kg.
Create Miso Glazed Eggplant (Miso Dengaku)
1. Slice the eggplant into half and slice the flesh with a knife in a criss-cross pattern
2. Flip the eggplant and cook with a lid on the pan for 4 minutes until the flesh has turns brown.
3. Whisk Itacho Red Miso paste, sake, mirin and sugar together in a small bowl until you achieve a smooth consistency.
4. Take your eggplant out of the pan and brush each piece generously with the miso glaze.
5. Place in the oven and broil for 4 minutes. When the glaze slightly bubbles, it is ready to be served.